I’m Leo Toivio and I specialize in Technical Game Design. Currently, I work as a Game Developer at Resolution Games. If you’re looking for someone who thinks and communicates like a game designer and programs like an engineer, I’m your guy.
Here’s a short overview of what I’ve achieved during my career so far.
👨💼 4 released commercial games
💼 7+ years of professional experience
🏫 5 years of Game Design education
🧑🏫 Guest lecturer at HFBK University of Fine Arts Hamburg and held an introductory course in Unreal Engine 4 at Future Games
Examples of my work
Game Design and implementation on cross-platform party game Acron: Attack of the Squirrels!. Including camera, controls and character (3C’s), special abilities and other game mechanics
Game Design and implementation on action platformer Skylar & Plux. Including camera, controls and character (3C’s), special abilities and other game mechanics. A clip of the speedrun from Games Done Quick is featured below.
Video reel of Game Jams and Student projects
Game Developer @ Resolution Games
2018 - now
- Currently working on award-winning Demeo - one of the biggest VR games in the industry.
- Team Lead, Game Designer and Programmer for Game of the Year-winning Acron: Attack of the Squirrels! and multiple confidential projects.
- Been a part of the company’s growth from about 30 employees to 150+.
Game Developer @ Apprope
2017 - 2018
- Created and released the mobile puzzle games Bubble Breeze Pop and WordWhizzle Tap with a focus on Technical Game Design.
Game Designer & Co-founder @ Right Nice Games
2015 - 2017
- Founded a successful games company that is still up and running to this day.
- Created and released the 3D platformer Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island. With a focus on Technical Game Design.
- The game has been featured at Games Done Quick and other speedrunning events.
Game Design @ Future Games
2014 - 2016
- Studied Game Design at the leading games education in Sweden. The program was designed in close collaboration with representatives from the games industry and was designed to fit the industry´s demands and requirements.
- During my education, I engaged as a game designer, scripter and level designer on 3 game projects.
Game Design @ Klara Södra Gymnasium
2011 - 2014
- The program teaches you the basics of game development. It’s designed to follow the tools and workflow of the game industry.
- As a part of this education, I made 3 different games.